Italian Cheese Stack
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
- 12 Appetizer Servings
- 10 Min
Salami, pesto, cheese, and baguettes all in one dish... can you think of anything better? We can't! Make this Italian Cheese Stack and and taste the delicious flavors of Italy all in one big bite!
What You'll Need
- 1 pound thinly sliced provolone cheese
- 1 (3.4-ounce) jar pesto sauce
- 3/4 pound thinly sliced salami
- 1/4 cup Italian salad dressing
- Baguette slices, breadsticks, crackers
What to Do
- Place 1 slice of cheese on a large piece of heavy-duty plastic wrap; spread 1 teaspoon pesto over cheese. Top evenly with 3 slices salami, overlapping slices. Brush salami lightly with salad dressing. Repeat layers, using all of cheese, pesto, salami, and salad dressing, and ending with cheese.
- Fold plastic wrap over layers, sealing securely. Place a heavy object, such as a small cast-iron skillet, on top of compress layers. Cover and chill at least 24 hours or up to 3 days.
- Remove plastic wrap to serve. Cut cheese stack into wedges, using an electric knife or a sharp knife. Serve with baguette slices, breadsticks, or crackers.
For the best results, have your deli thinly slice the provolone cheese and salami for this appetizer. Packaged, pre-sliced cheeses and salami are too thick for this recipe.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Two of your favorite flavors come together in this delicious cake recipe. Our Peanut Butter Marshmallow Cake is topped with a fluffy layer of marshmallow creme and a creamy-smooth peanut butter frosting that's oh-so-delectable and simply irresistible!