Cheesy Chicken Croquettes
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
A little of the unexpected in the form of Italian cheeses turns these ordinary chicken croquettes into our ticket to a Roman holiday!
What You'll Need
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 3/4 cup long- or whole-grain white rice
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon salt, divided
- 2 (10-ounce) cans chicken, drained and flaked
- 1/2 cup (2 ounces) shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1/4 cup grated Romano cheese
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
What to Do
In a medium-sized saucepan, combine water, rice, onion, and 1/2 teaspoon salt. Bring to a boil over high heat, then cover and reduce heat to low. Simmer 15 minutes. Remove from heat and let cool 10 minutes, covered.
Stir in chicken, mozzarella and Romano cheeses, eggs, parsley, pepper, and remaining 1/2 teaspoon salt; mix well.
Place bread crumbs in a shallow dish. Form into patties, using 1/4 cup of rice mixture for each; coat with bread crumbs and place on a platter.
- In a large, deep skillet, heat oil over high heat until hot but not smoking. Carefully place a few patties in hot oil and cook 5 to 6 minutes, or until golden, turning halfway through cooking. Drain on paper towels and cook remaining croquettes in several batches.
These can be served Parmigiana by topping them with some spaghetti sauce and a sprinkle of mozzarella cheese, then baking in a 350 degrees F. oven until the croquettes are warmed through and the cheese is melted.
Free recipes, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.