Not Fried Eggplant
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
- 30 to 35 pieces
- COOK TIME
- 30 Min
Our Not Fried Eggplant takes the hard work and the frying pan out of making this favorite Italian go-along. Our baked eggplant version is a healthy option you'll love.
What You'll Need
- 1 medium to large eggplant
- 1 cup seasoned bread crumbs
- 1/3 cup grated Parmesan or Romano Cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 cup vegetable oil
What to Do
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Slice eggplant into 1/2-inch slices, then into 1-inch strips.
- In a bowl, combine bread crumbs, cheese, salt, and pepper. Place oil in a shallow dish; add eggplant strips and toss to coat.
- Then toss strips in bread crumb mixture and place on a foil-lined rimmed baking sheet.
- Bake about 20 minutes, then turn and bake an additional 5 minutes, until golden brown.
Serve with sour cream and chives, if desired.
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Enjoy a healthier-for-you breakfast with our recipe for Loaded Egg Clouds (also known as "cloud eggs"). The "cloud" in the name refers to the fluffy egg whites that surround the yolk. Our recipe also features tasty sausage crumbles, scallions, and pimentos. Serve these egg clouds alongside some toast and fresh fruit and you've got yourself a champion-style breakfast or brunch!