African Chicken Wings
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
African Chicken Wings feature a lively jolt you get from red pepper. Now, here's a great appetizer!
What You'll Need
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter, melted
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons crushed red pepper (see Tips)
- 2/3 cup lemon juice
- 4 large garlic cloves, crushed
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 2 teaspoons ground black pepper
- 5 to 6 pounds split chicken wings or drumettes
What to Do
- Preheat the oven to 400 degree F. Coat rimmed baking sheets with nonstick cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, combine all the ingredients except the chicken wings; mix well.
- Rinse and pat the chicken wings dry; place in the sauce and toss to coat well.
- Place on the baking sheet and bake for 45 to 50 minutes, or until done to desired crispness.
Wanna have your whole party doing a dance? Add a bit more crushed red pepper to the sauce. It sure will add extra zing! And if you want to start with whole wings and split them yourself before cooking, split them at each joint and discard the tips. This makes them so much easier to eat.
Yields 60 to 70 pieces
Nutritional InformationShow More
Servings Per Recipe: 15
- Calories 279
- Calories from Fat 158
- Total Fat 18g 27 %
- Saturated Fat 5.9g 29 %
- Trans Fat 0.3g 0 %
- Protein 30g 60 %
- Cholesterol 105mg 35 %
- Sodium 853mg 36 %
- Total Carbohydrates 1.2g 0 %
- Dietary Fiber 0.1g 0 %
- Sugars 0.3g 0 %
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.