Quick Norwegian Herring
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Herring can be found in recipes from so many different cultures, but I've found it to be most popular in Scandinavian countries. So, let me share a recipe from a Norwegian fan!
What You'll Need
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 cup thinly-sliced onion
- 1 teaspoon dried dillweed
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 jar (12 ounces) pickled cut herring fillets, drained and liquid reserved
What to Do
- In a medium-sized bowl, combine 4 tablespoons of the reserved herring liquid, the sour cream, onion, dillweed, and pepper; mix until smooth. Add the herring and toss to coat evenly.
- Cover and chill for about an hour to blend the flavors.
Serve this with toothpicks as an appetizer, or maybe as a go-along with your green salad.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Lookin' for just the right easy dinner recipe to keep your hubby happy? Then our recipe for Newlyweds' Pot Roast might just do the trick. Pop in a movie and get cozy while the pot roast simmers and get ready for those delicious aromas to start wafting from room to room. There's nothing like a homemade pot roast to show your loved one how much you care.