Fried Cheese Sticks
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
- 18 cheese sticks
- CHILL TIME
- 30 Min
- COOK TIME
- 10 Min
You don't have to go out to enjoy one of your favorite restaurant appetizers! Our homemade Fried Cheese Sticks are so easy to make, and are perfect for dipping into some marinara sauce!
What You'll Need
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 pound mozzarella cheese, cut into 18 (3-1/2 x 1/2-inch) strips
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 cup Italian-seasoned breadcrumbs
- Vegetable oil for frying
What to Do
In a medium bowl, combine flour, salt, and pepper. Dip cheese sticks into egg; dredge in flour mixture, and dip again in egg. Roll in breadcrumbs, pressing firmly so crumbs adhere. Place on wax paper and chill 30 minutes.
- In a large skillet, pour oil to a depth of 1-inch; heat until hot but not smoking. Fry cheese sticks until golden; drain on paper towels. Serve immediately.
If you liked this recipe, be sure to check out all of our cheesy favorites in The Cheese Lover's eCookbook: 34 Easy Recipes with Cheese.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
If you love chewy cookies and you love chocolate, you're in for a real treat! These Double Chocolate Chewies pack a chocolate punch nobody can resist! They're a bit chewy, really chocolatey, and a little crunchy, all at the same time. That's why they're one of Howard's all-time favorites! Pour a glass of ice cold milk, and get ready for a cookie experience like no other.