Watermelon Crab Cups
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Watermelon and crab? Are we sure we got that right? Well, yes indeed! You'd never know it but watermelon and crab are a shockingly tasty combination. A little bit o' sweet, a little bit o' savory, and what do you have? Why you've got a sophisticated dish like this, that's what!
What You'll Need:
- 6 to 8 watermelon cups (see below)
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup sweet pickle relish
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh dill
- 1/2 cup chopped celery
- 1/2 cup chopped scallions
- 2 hard boiled eggs, chopped or grated
- 1 pound cooked crabmeat, rinsed and picked over for shell
What To Do:
- Make the watermelon cups by cutting 3 inch tall and 3-inch wide cylinders of seedless watermelon. Hollow out the cylinders to form 'cups' reserving the watermelon from the center for another use or to snack on while cooking.
- Once the cups are made, keep them on a paper towel until ready to fill and serve. The cups can be made ahead of time and covered on a tray and refrigerated until ready.
- Make the filling by mixing together the mayonnaise, relish, dill, celery, scallions, and hard-boiled eggs. Fold in the crab.
- Fill the watermelon cups and enjoy.
Adapted from the National Watermelon Promotion Board.
Nutritional InformationShow More
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Calories 242
- Calories from Fat 83
- Total Fat 9.2g 14 %
- Saturated Fat 1.7g 8 %
- Trans Fat 0.0g 0 %
- Protein 17g 34 %
- Cholesterol 141mg 47 %
- Sodium 634mg 26 %
- Total Carbohydrates 25g 8 %
- Dietary Fiber 1.2g 5 %
- Sugars 17g 0 %
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Tired of serving chicken breasts the same ol' way every time? If so, then you'll love this recipe for Cheesy Baked Chicken. These chicken breasts have a cracker crumb coating made from crushed cheese crackers and sesame seeds, so you can expect lots of crunch and flavor in every bite. Plus, this one is done in just about 30 minutes, which makes it great for busy weeknights!