French Onion Stuffed Mushrooms
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
These French Onion Stuffed Mushrooms are baked to an absolutely perfect combo of crunchy inside and cheesy, velvety outside.
What You'll Need:
- 1 pound large fresh mushrooms
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 cup finely chopped onion
- 1 packet onion soup mix
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1/4 cup plain bread crumbs
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- 3 slices Swiss cheese, each slice cut into 4 squares
What To Do:
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Gently clean mushrooms by wiping them with damp paper towels. Remove stems from 12 mushrooms; set aside caps. Finely chop mushroom stems and remaining whole mushrooms.
- In a large skillet over medium heat, melt butter; cook onion 3 minutes, or just until soft. Stir in chopped mushrooms, onion soup mix, and water and cook 4 to 5 minutes, or until tender. Remove from heat and add bread crumbs and black pepper; mix well.
- Using a teaspoon, stuff mushroom caps with stuffing mixture. Place on ungreased baking sheet.
- Bake 12 minutes. Remove from oven, top each with a piece of cheese, and return to oven 5 minutes, or until cheese is melted and mushrooms are heated through. Serve immediately.
Looking for more great appetizer ideas? Why not try our delicious Potato Puffs and check out our website for lots more!
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
If you've been to a church picnic or, really, just about any kind of family get-together in the South, then you're probably familiar with pimiento cheese spread. It's a staple there! We thought we'd give these deviled eggs a Southern twist by stuffing them with a pimiento cheese mixture, and boy, did they turn out good! These Pimiento Cheese Deviled Eggs will be a hit with your family this Easter.