Chocolatey Date Fingers
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
If your kids chew on these fingers, no one will mind!
What You'll Need
- 1 1/4 cups chopped dates
- 3/4 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 cup (1 six-ounce package) semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup orange juice
- 1/2 cup sliced almonds
What to Do
- Preheat the oven to 350 degree F.
- In a large saucepan, combine the dates, brown sugar, butter, and water.
- Cook, stirring occasionally, until a smooth paste forms. Remove from the heat. Stir in the chocolate chips while the mixture is hot. Let cool, then add in the remaining ingredients.
- Spread the mixture evenly into a 10" x 15" rimmed cookie sheet that has been coated with nonstick cooking spray. Bake for 20 to 25 minutes. Cool on a wire rack and cut into 2" x 3" bars.
Makes about 30 bars.
You can find chopped dates in the supermarket produce department or with the baking supplies.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Our festive Sugar 'n' Spice Nuts are the perfect combo of salty and sweet for the holidays. Made with a variety of your favorite nuts, the sweetness of dried cranberries, and just enough cayenne to give it a good kick, this recipe is sure to disappear by the handful! And, not only is it a great snack when family visits during Christmas, but it's also the perfect goodie to send in the mail, for those who can't be with you this season.