We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
- 15 cookie bars
- CHILL TIME
- 1 Hr
- COOK TIME
- 10 Min
This cookie bar recipe will make you feel like a billion bucks! Our Billionaire Bars feature a layer of crumbly and buttery shortbread cookies, ooey-gooey caramel, and sweet-as-can-be chocolate ganache. It's dessert perfection!
What You'll Need
- 1 (11.2-ounce) package shortbread cookies
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter, melted
- 1 (11-ounce) package caramels
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 teaspoon vegetable shortening
What to Do
- Coat an 8-inch square baking dish with cooking spray.
- In a food processor, pulse cookies until finely crushed. Place in a medium bowl, add butter, and mix well. Press cookie mixture firmly into bottom of baking dish. Refrigerate until ready to use.
- In a small saucepan over medium heat, combine caramels and heavy cream; cook until melted, stirring constantly. Evenly pour over crust, spreading quickly before it hardens. Refrigerate 15 minutes, or until set.
- In a small saucepan over low heat, melt chocolate chips and shortening, stirring until smooth. Pour mixture over caramel and spread evenly. Refrigerate until set.
- Using a sharp knife, cut into bars. Cover and refrigerate any leftovers.
Easy, portable, and delicious?? Here are some other bar recipes for you to enjoy!
Nutritional InformationShow More
Servings Per Recipe: 15
- Calories 335
- Calories from Fat 163
- Total Fat 18g 28 %
- Saturated Fat 8.8g 44 %
- Trans Fat 0.2g 0 %
- Protein 2.4g 5 %
- Cholesterol 22mg 7 %
- Sodium 183mg 8 %
- Total Carbohydrates 44g 15 %
- Dietary Fiber 0.4g 2 %
- Sugars 28g 0 %
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
French toast typically means sticky hands and mouths (and lots of napkins!), but with our recipe for Maple French Toast Sticks you don't have to worry about that 'cause the flavorings and the rich maple syrup are already cooked in!