3-Layer Nanaimo Bars
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
These dessert bars may have gotten their start in Canada, but once folks in the U.S. got a taste of 'em, they were such a hit that they're now one of the most popular desserts in all of North America! Make a batch of these no-bake, 3-Layer Nanaimo Bars when you're craving creamy, coconutty, and chocolatey goodness!
What You'll Need
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 1 cup shredded coconut
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- 6 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1 (3.4-ounce) package vanilla instant pudding mix
- 1/2 cup milk
- 3 cups confectioner's sugar
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 2 tablespoons butter
What to Do
- In a medium saucepan over medium heat, melt butter for crust. Add sugar and stir until smooth. Stir in egg and vanilla, and remove from heat. Add graham cracker crumbs, coconut, and nuts; mix well. Press mixture evenly into an 8- x 8-inch baking dish and refrigerate until ready to fill.
- In a large bowl, beat butter for filling until creamy. Add pudding and milk, and mix until thickened. Slowly beat in confectioner's sugar until smooth. Evenly spread pudding mixture over bottom layer. Refrigerate about 30 minutes or until set.
- In a small saucepan over low heat, melt butter for topping and chocolate chips until smooth. Spread over pudding layer and refrigerate 10 minutes, or until chocolate begins to harden. Using a knife, score chocolate into 1-inch squares.
- Refrigerate 6 hours, or until set. Cut into squares, and store in refrigerator until ready to serve.
Nutritional InformationShow More
Servings Per Recipe: 10
- Calories 633
- Calories from Fat 324
- Total Fat 36g 55 %
- Saturated Fat 21g 104 %
- Trans Fat 0.8g 0 %
- Protein 3.3g 7 %
- Cholesterol 68mg 23 %
- Sodium 300mg 12 %
- Total Carbohydrates 80g 27 %
- Dietary Fiber 1.2g 5 %
- Sugars 68g 0 %
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Have yourself a morning Greek feast with our recipe for Spinach Feta Scramble. Fluffy scrambled eggs, fresh veggies, and feta cheese make for a super colorful and egg-ceptionally delicious way to start your day. You'll love this flavorful way to enjoy scrambled eggs!