Kentucky Derby Bars
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
- SERVING SIZE
- 1 bar
- 10 Min
- COOK TIME
- 30 Min
We've got a Kentucky Derby dessert recipe that combines all the fun of racing day with sweet flavor! These dessert bars have a hint of tipsy fun that will send everyone to the gates on the right note, so we think they're the easy Kentucky Derby recipe that you've been looking for! Just make them ahead of time and, when your guests arrive, give them the ready...set...go!
What You'll Need
- 2 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 2 sticks butter, melted and divided
- 1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 cups chopped pecans
- 1 1/2 cups semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 2 tablespoons bourbon whiskey
- 1/2 cup confectioners' sugar
What to Do
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Coat a 9- x 13-inch baking dish with cooking spray.
- In a medium bowl, combine graham cracker crumbs and 1/2 cup butter; mix well. Press mixture evenly into baking dish and set aside.
- In a large bowl, beat remaining 1/2 cup butter and granulated sugar until creamy. Beat in eggs and vanilla until fluffy. Add flour and salt, and mix until thoroughly combined. Stir in pecans and chocolate chips. Spoon mixture into crust.
- Bake 30 to 35 minutes or until set in center and golden brown. Let cool, then cut into bars.
- Before serving, in a medium bowl, beat heavy cream, bourbon, and confectioners' sugar until stiff peaks form. Dollop on bars and serve.
- Prefer to leave out the alcohol? You can substitute the bourbon with vanilla extract in the cream.
- If you're looking for more amazing racing day recipes try our collection of Kentucky Derby Recipes!
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Hosting a last-minute dinner party, or just looking for a way to fancy up a quick weeknight dinner? Well then, our Really Easy Pork Scaloppine is just the ticket. This dish looks fancy schmancy, but it only takes 10 minutes to make!