We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Now here's a dessert bar that's certainly earned its stripes! Our potluck dessert recipe for Zebras is full of crunchy, chocolatey deliciousness that's sure to drive 'em wild!
What You'll Need
- 1 cup (2 sticks) butter, softened
- 1 cup firmly packed light brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 cups (1 twelve-ounce package) semisweet chocolate chips, divided
- 3/4 cup chopped walnuts
What to Do
- Preheat the oven to 350 degree F.
- In a large bowl, cream the butter and brown sugar; beat until light and fluffy. Beat in the eggs, vanilla, flour, and baking powder until well mixed.
- Melt 1 cup of the chocolate chips in the microwave or over low heat on the stove.
- Place half of the batter into a medium-sized bowl and stir in the melted chocolate. Spread evenly in a greased 9" x 13" baking pan.
- Drop tablespoons of the remaining batter over the chocolate batter and drag the blade of a butter knife through the batter to create zebra stripes. Sprinkle with the remaining chocolate chips and walnuts. Bake for 25 to 30 minutes.
- Cool completely before cutting into bars.
This is one of those easy cookie bar dessert recipes that freezes well! Just make sure to wrap them tightly!
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
We're so crazy about carrots we like to use 'em in everything from soups to desserts. This recipe for Crazy Carrot Pancakes is a bit unexpected, but a lot welcomed, 'cause it's crazy easy, crazy good, and there's not a person who tries 'em who isn't crazy about 'em afterwards!