We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Now here's a dessert bar that's certainly earned its stripes! Our potluck dessert recipe for Zebras is full of crunchy, chocolatey deliciousness that's sure to drive 'em wild!
What You'll Need
- 1 cup (2 sticks) butter, softened
- 1 cup firmly packed light brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 cups (1 twelve-ounce package) semisweet chocolate chips, divided
- 3/4 cup chopped walnuts
What to Do
- Preheat the oven to 350 degree F.
- In a large bowl, cream the butter and brown sugar; beat until light and fluffy. Beat in the eggs, vanilla, flour, and baking powder until well mixed.
- Melt 1 cup of the chocolate chips in the microwave or over low heat on the stove.
- Place half of the batter into a medium-sized bowl and stir in the melted chocolate. Spread evenly in a greased 9" x 13" baking pan.
- Drop tablespoons of the remaining batter over the chocolate batter and drag the blade of a butter knife through the batter to create zebra stripes. Sprinkle with the remaining chocolate chips and walnuts. Bake for 25 to 30 minutes.
- Cool completely before cutting into bars.
This is one of those easy cookie bar dessert recipes that freezes well! Just make sure to wrap them tightly!
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Just because we have our weeknight routines, well, that doesn't mean they have to be boring. Sure, there are a lot of delicious shrimp fried rice recipes out there, but the secret that makes ours stand apart is chilling the rice before we cook it. It makes the fried rice lighter, and it won't get mushy later on. .