The Originators of Quick & Easy Cooking!
Cookie Jar Favorites
Key Lime Coconut Bars
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Click here to view your Recipe Box.
- 15 Min
- CHILL TIME
- 3 Hr
- COOK TIME
- 35 Min
If you could enjoy a key lime pie in a dessert bar form, would you? If you answered yes, then you're going to love this recipe for Key Lime Coconut Bars. These dessert bars are rich, tart, and feature a welcome coconutty twist!
What You'll Need
- 1 1/2 cups finely crushed coconut cookies
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 (8-ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1 (14-ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
- 1/4 cup lime juice
- 1 tablespoon lime zest
What to Do
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Coat an 8-inch square baking dish with cooking spray.
- In a bowl, stir cookie crumbs and butter with a fork, until thoroughly combined. Press evenly into bottom of baking dish.
- In a bowl with an electric mixer on medium speed, beat cream cheese until light and fluffy. Gradually beat in sweetened condensed milk until smooth. Beat in lime juice and zest. Spread over cookie crumb crust.
- Bake about 35 minutes, or until center is set. Cool 30 minutes, then chill at least 3 hours before cutting into bars and serving.
Since we eat with our eyes, why not top each bar with a sprinkle of lime zest or some shredded toasted coconut?
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
The "butter tart" is considered one of Canada's quintessential desserts, and with good reason! All it takes is just one bite to understand what makes these so special. The pastry is super flaky, the filling is butter-rich, and together...they're amazing! Our recipe for Canada Tarts is one you'll want to add to your recipe box!