Malted Butterscotch Bars
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
These melt-in-your mouth Malted Butterscotch Bars are easily made from scratch with a few basics and some malted milk powder for a tasty twist. The result is an out of this world cookie bar that teams perfectly with a cold glass of milk.
What You'll Need
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup powdered malted milk
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup shortening, melted
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup chopped nuts
What to Do
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Coat a 9- x 13-inch baking dish with cooking spray.
- In a medium bowl, sift together flour, malted milk, baking powder, and salt.
- In a large bowl, add melted shortening to sugar. Add eggs; mix well. Add milk, vanilla, nuts, and flour mixture. Mix well and pour into prepared baking dish.
- Bake 25 to 30 minutes. Mark into bars while hot. Remove from pan when cool.
- Add 1 cup butterscotch chips for a truly rich flavor.
- Adapted from Beyond Delicious: The Ghost Whisperer's Cookbook
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
We've got what we think is the Best Broccoli Salad, and we're betting you'll agree! This garden-fresh broccoli salad is tossed in a creamy homemade dressing and livened up with a few surprises, so it's sure to be one of your favorite easy broccoli recipes for potluck parties! But nothing says you have to take this recipe to a party. This easy broccoli salad is perfect for summer lunches or as a fresh dinner dish. It has just the right amount of creamy flavor to make this broccoli salad a recipe you'll want to make again and again.