We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Looking for a steak that tastes like it's from a 4-star steakhouse, but without the big price tag? This recipe for Mushroom Steak is it, and we know you're gonna go crazy for the sherry mushroom sauce!
What You'll Need
- 5 tablespoons butter, divided
- 2 teaspoons all-purpose flour
- 1/2 pound thick-sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1/2 cup sherry
- 1/8 teaspoon browning and seasoning sauce (optional)
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper, divided
- 2 (12-ounce) boneless beef loin strip steaks
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
What to Do
- In a large skillet, melt 4 tablespoons butter over medium heat. Add the flour and mix well.
- Add the mushrooms and saute for 3 to 5 minutes, or until golden. Stir in the sherry, the browning sauce, if desired, and 1/4 teaspoon black pepper. Reduce the heat to low and cook for 5 to 6 minutes, or until the sauce is thickened, stirring occasionally.
- Meanwhile, heat a grill pan over high heat. Rub both sides of the steaks with the remaining 1 tablespoon butter then sprinkle with the salt and the remaining 1/4 teaspoon pepper. Place the steaks in the grill pan and cook for 4 to 5 minutes per side for medium-rare, or until desired doneness beyond that. Serve the steaks topped with the mushroom-sherry sauce.