No Fuss Salisbury Steak
Can you guess some of the reasons we love this recipe so much? We love it not only because it's delicious, but also because it's no stress and no fuss! This No Fuss Salisbury Steak is easy and delicious- our kind of recipe!
What You'll Need
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1/4 cup finely chopped onion
- 3 tablespoon plain bread crumbs
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 (8-ounce) package sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 small onion, thinly sliced and separated into rings
- 1 3/4 cups beef broth
- 2 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tablespoon water
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
What to Do
In a large bowl, combine beef, chopped onion, bread crumbs, salt, and pepper; stir well. Shape mixture into 4 patties.
In a large skillet over medium heat, cook patties 5 minutes on each side. Remove patties from skillet, reserving 1 tablespoon drippings in skillet. Set patties aside.
Over medium-high heat, cook mushrooms and sliced onion in drippings 5 minutes, or until tender, stirring constantly. Add broth and Worcestershire sauce to skillet. Return patties to skillet; bring to a boil. Cover, reduce heat, and simmer 15 minutes. Remove patties from skillet with a slotted spoon; place on a platter and keep warm.
In a small bowl, combine water and cornstarch; stir well. Add to broth mixture and bring to a boil; cook 1 minute or until thickened, stirring constantly. Spoon over patties and serve.
- We don't know about you, but Salisbury Steak makes us crave diner desserts! Why not try our version of Banana Cream Pie! Plus, check out more 1950s favorites in our collection, Classic Diner Eatin': 10 Delicious Favorites.
- Plus, if you're looking for the perfect side dish, check out our recipe for Award Winning Mashed Potatoes.