We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
- SERVING SIZE
- 4 meatballs per serving
- COOK TIME
- 20 Min
This fun spin on the classic meatball recipes that you know and love is sure to please even the pickiest of eaters. You see, the pineapple and the bell pepper mix together to make the best Hawaiian Meatballs that you've ever tasted!
What You'll Need
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1/4 cup finely chopped onion
- 1/2 cup finely crushed butter-flavored crackers
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1/3 cup white vinegar
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 (8-ounce) can pineapple chunks in syrup, with syrup reserved
- 1/2 red bell pepper, cut into 1-inch chunks
What to Do
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Coat a rimmed baking sheet with cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, combine beef, onion, crackers, egg, water, onion powder, salt, and black pepper; mix well. Form mixture into 1-inch balls and place on baking sheet.
- Bake 15 to 20 minutes, or until no longer pink in center.
- Meanwhile, in a medium saucepan over medium heat, combine brown sugar, cornstarch, vinegar, soy sauce, and reserved pineapple juice. Cook until mixture starts to thicken. Add pineapple and bell pepper and continue to cook 5 to 7 minutes, or until thickened and heated through.
- Place meatballs in a large bowl. Pour sauce over and toss until evenly coated.
Check This Out!
- For more fantastic meatball recipes, try our Saucy Cola Meatballs, our Simple Sausage and Stuffing Meatballs, or our Sweet and Sour Meatballs.
- Want more fantastic Hawaiian recipes? Try our Coconut-Crusted Pork Chops, our Hawaiian Chicken and Rice Casserole, or our Tropical Pulled Pork Sliders!
- Plus, you won't want to miss our amazing Pineapple Dessert Recipes.
If you love these recipes, then you'll love this FREE eCookbook!
Nutritional InformationShow More
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Calories 264
- Calories from Fat 95
- Total Fat 11g 16 %
- Saturated Fat 3.9g 19 %
- Trans Fat 0.6g 0 %
- Protein 12g 25 %
- Cholesterol 62mg 21 %
- Sodium 444mg 19 %
- Total Carbohydrates 30g 10 %
- Dietary Fiber 1.0g 4 %
- Sugars 22g 0 %
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Our Back-to-School Cookies make the perfect lunchbox treat or after-school snack. These easy-to-make cookies start out from a box of cake mix and get their extra-crunchiness from graham crackers and their chocolaty-sweetness from lots of chocolate chips. Kids of all ages will love them!