Skillet Pepper Steak
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Fresh green bell peppers add color, crunch, and taste to this popular, Chinese-American stir-fry dish. Serve up this Skillet Pepper Steak when you want to impress your family by making them the best homemade Chinese takeout they've ever tasted.
What You'll Need
- 3 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 4 medium-sized potatoes, peeled and thinly sliced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 pound beef chuck steak, very thinly sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 large green bell pepper, cut into 1/4-inch strips
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
What to Do
- In a large skillet, heat 2 tablespoons oil over medium-high heat. Add potatoes and sprinkle with salt and black pepper. Saute for 12 to 15 minutes, or until golden, turning halfway through cooking. Remove to a platter and cover to keep warm.
- Add remaining 1 tablespoon oil to skillet then add the steak, garlic, and bell pepper. Increase the heat to high and saute for 4 to 5 minutes, or until steak is cooked to desired doneness. Add soy sauce, and stir to coat. Cook for 1 minute then spoon steak and pepper mixture over potatoes.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Potato pancakes are a symbolic and scrumptious treat commonly made for Hanukkah. Not only are they super crispy and really tasty, but thanks to the pre-shredded potatoes you can find at your favorite supermarket, these Simple Shredded Potato Pancakes are, well, simple to make!