Redneck Chicken-Fried Steak
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Shake up your ordinary dinner (or breakfast) routine with our mouthwatering Redneck Chicken-Fried Steak. Not only does it take just 15 minutes, but this is a dish that'll get requested over and over again!
What You'll Need
- 1/3 cup plus 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour, divided
- 3/4 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper, divided
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1 1/2 cups plain bread crumbs
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 4 (4-ounce) cubed steaks
- 5 tablespoons butter, divided
- 1 cup milk
What to Do
In a shallow dish, combine 1/3 cup flour, 1/2 teaspoon salt, and 1/4 teaspoon pepper. In another shallow dish, combine the eggs and water. Place bread crumbs in a third shallow dish; add cayenne pepper and mix well. Coat steaks with flour mixture then dip in egg mixture, and coat with bread crumb mixture.
In a large nonstick skillet over medium heat, melt 4 tablespoons butter. Add steaks and fry 3 to 4 minutes per side, or until cooked through and golden. Drain on a paper towel-lined platter and cover to keep warm.
- Make a white gravy by adding remaining butter to skillet and melting over low heat; add remaining flour and stir until smooth. Cook 1 minute, stirring constantly. Gradually add milk; cook over medium heat until thickened and bubbly, stirring constantly. Stir in remaining salt and pepper. Serve steaks topped with gravy.
Serve these up with a side of Smashed Red Potatoes so not a drop of gravy is missed!
Nutritional InformationShow More
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Calories 580
- Calories from Fat 263
- Total Fat 29g 45 %
- Saturated Fat 15g 74 %
- Trans Fat 0.6g 0 %
- Protein 37g 74 %
- Cholesterol 214mg 71 %
- Sodium 992mg 41 %
- Total Carbohydrates 40g 13 %
- Dietary Fiber 2.2g 9 %
- Sugars 5.7g 0 %
Free recipes, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
It just doesn't get more refreshing than watermelon pops in the summer! Plus, watermelon is a great fruit to help keep you hydrated when the sun is blazing overhead. We like to add a little bit of something extra to our Fruity Watermelon Pops by mixing in chopped berries or fresh mint! Yum!