Slow Cooker Short Ribs and Cabbage
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
This hearty, all-in-one, beefed-up dinner will definitely knock your lederhosen socks off! Our Slow Cooker Short Ribs and Cabbage is a German-inspired dish that features meaty ribs in a sweet and tangy sauce with lots of cabbage. It's a slow cooker dinner that'll have everyone saying, "Ach Das Schmeckt!"
What You'll Need
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 4 1/2 pounds beef chuck short ribs
- 1 (28-ounce) can crushed tomatoes
- 1 (6-ounce) can tomato paste
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 3/4 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon caraway seeds
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 a cabbage, coarsely chopped (about 5 cups)
What to Do
- In a large skillet over medium-high heat, heat oil until hot. Add ribs in batches and brown on all sides.
- In a 6-quart or larger slow cooker, combine crushed tomatoes, tomato paste, lemon juice, brown sugar, caraway seeds, and salt; mix well. Place ribs over tomato mixture, then top with cabbage.
- Cover and cook on LOW 8 to 9 hours, or until beef is fork-tender. Skim fat from sauce, then spoon sauce over ribs and serve with cabbage.
Nutritional InformationShow More
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Calories 0.0
- Calories from Fat 0
- Total Fat 0.0 0 %
- Saturated Fat 0.0 0 %
- Trans Fat 0.0 0 %
- Protein 0.0 0 %
- Cholesterol 0.0 0 %
- Sodium 0.0 0 %
- Total Carbohydrates 0.0 0 %
- Dietary Fiber 0.0 0 %
- Sugars 0.0 0 %
Free recipes, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.