5-Minute Beef Stir Fry
Easy beef stir fry is a weeknight win!
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
You only need five minutes to make this homemade Chinese recipe taste take-out worthy, so grab your wok (or a skillet!) and some fresh ingredients and get ready to impress your whole family. One taste and you'll never order Chinese take-out again!
This recipe proves that learning how to make beef stir fry is easier than you might think. It's amazing what fresh ingredients can do! We think you'll enjoy preparing this meal so much that you'll wonder why you didn't make it sooner. The good news is that, since it only takes 5 minutes to make, you and your family can enjoy this stir fry beef as often as you want. It's truly a crowd pleasing (and cook pleasing) dinner!
What You'll Need
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 6 to 8 slices fresh ginger
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 pound boneless top sirloin, thinly sliced across the grain
- 1 red bell pepper, thinly sliced
- 8 ounces fresh snow peas, trimmed
- 1 onion, cut into 1/2-inch wedges
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 1 tablespoon light brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 2 cups warm cooked rice
What to Do
- In a wok or large nonstick skillet over high heat, heat oil until hot. Add ginger, garlic, and beef; cook 2 minutes, or until beef is browned. Add red pepper, snow peas, and onion and continue cooking 2 to 3 minutes, or until vegetables are crisp tender.
- In a small bowl, whisk soy sauce, vinegar, brown sugar, and cornstarch. Pour into wok and cook until sauce thickens. Serve over rice.
Check This Out!
- We suggest serving this with a steaming bowl of our Best Noddle Soup Ever and our Sensational Spring Rolls!
- For more homemade Chinese takeout recipes, check out this collection of Takeout Dishes to Make at Home.
- Plus, if you're looking to use your skillet more, give one of these Easy Skillet Meals a try.
If you love these recipes, then you'll love this FREE eCookbook!
Nutritional InformationShow More
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Calories 539
- Calories from Fat 107
- Total Fat 12g 18 %
- Saturated Fat 2.7g 13 %
- Trans Fat 0.0g 0 %
- Protein 40g 79 %
- Cholesterol 68mg 23 %
- Sodium 572mg 24 %
- Total Carbohydrates 63g 21 %
- Dietary Fiber 13g 51 %
- Sugars 22g 0 %
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
It's time to pinch pennies, so picking up a pack or two of chicken thighs will help you do that. But just because chicken thighs are a bargain doesn't mean they have to taste like a budget meal. Our recipe for Teriyaki Chicken Thighs proves it!