5-Minute Beef Stir Fry
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
You only need five minutes to make this homemade Chinese recipe taste take-out worthy, so grab your wok (or a skillet!) and some fresh ingredients and get ready to impress your whole family. One taste and you'll never order Chinese take-out again!
What You'll Need
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 6 to 8 slices fresh ginger
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 pound boneless top sirloin, thinly sliced across the grain
- 1 red bell pepper, thinly sliced
- 8 ounces fresh snow peas, trimmed
- 1 onion, cut into 1/2-inch wedges
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 1 tablespoon light brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 2 cups warm cooked rice
What to Do
- In a wok or large nonstick skillet over high heat, heat oil until hot. Add ginger, garlic, and beef; cook 2 minutes, or until beef is browned. Add red pepper, snow peas, and onion and continue cooking 2 to 3 minutes, or until vegetables are crisp tender.
- In a small bowl, whisk soy sauce, vinegar, brown sugar, and cornstarch. Pour into wok and cook until sauce thickens. Serve over rice.
Check This Out!
- We suggest serving this with a steaming bowl of our Best Noddle Soup Ever and our Sensational Spring Rolls!
- For more homemade Chinese takeout recipes, check out this collection of Takeout Dishes to Make at Home.
- Plus, if you're looking to use your skillet more, give one of these Easy Skillet Meals a try.
If you love these recipes, then you'll love this FREE eCookbook!
Nutritional InformationShow More
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Calories 539
- Calories from Fat 107
- Total Fat 12g 18 %
- Saturated Fat 2.7g 13 %
- Trans Fat 0.0g 0 %
- Protein 40g 79 %
- Cholesterol 68mg 23 %
- Sodium 572mg 24 %
- Total Carbohydrates 63g 21 %
- Dietary Fiber 13g 51 %
- Sugars 22g 0 %
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Believe it or not, this Chinese Cabbage 'n' Chicken Salad is a favorite in the Mr. Food Test Kitchen. It's requested at least once a month and devoured within the lunch hour. Most of us agree that it's the homemade Asian-style dressing that really makes this recipe amazing, but we'll leave it up to you to be the judge!