Dried Cherry Scones
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Dried cherries and a container of cherry yogurt turn biscuit mix into a fancy schmancy breakfast treat. And you can forget the rolling pin for these sweet little scones. Just pat the dough into a circle, and cut it into wedges.
What You'll Need
- 1/2 cup sugar, divided
- 2 3/4 cups biscuit mix
- 1/4 cup butter, cut into small pieces
- 1/2 cup dried sweet cherries
- 1 (8-ounce) container cherry vanilla fat-free yogurt
What to Do
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees. Reserve 1 tablespoon of sugar to sprinkle over top of scones; set aside. Combine the remaining sugar and biscuit mix in a bowl; stir well. Cut in butter with a pastry blender or two knives until mixture is crumbly.
- Add cherries and yogurt, stirring just until moist (dough will be sticky). Turn dough out onto a lightly floured surface. Knead with floured hands 4 or 5 times. Pat dough into a 9-inch circle on a lightly greased baking sheet. Cut into 10 wedges with a lightly floured knife, cutting into, but not through, dough.
- Sprinkle reserved 1 tablespoon sugar over dough. Bake 18 minutes or until golden.