Holiday Sausage Rollups
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Sure, it's easy to toss doughnuts and bagels on the table, but the gang is probably looking for something a little heartier on this special day. Here you go! A hot out of the oven pull-apart breakfast treat in the shape of a Christmas tree!
What You'll Need
- 1 (16-ounce) package spicy pork sausage (such as Jimmy Dean)
- 1/2 red bell pepper, diced
- 4 scallions, thinly sliced
- 2 (8-ounce) packages refrigerated crescent rolls (8 rolls each)
What to Do
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- In a bowl, combine sausage, red pepper, and scallions; mix well. Unroll one package of crescent rolls and press seams together to form one large rectangle. Repeat with second package of crescent rolls.
- Spread half of sausage mixture evenly over each rectangle; starting from a narrow end, roll up jelly roll-style. Cut each roll into eight equal slices and place on its side on a baking sheet to form a Christmas tree (see photo).
- Bake 25 to 30 minutes, or until sausage is no longer pink and crust is golden. Serve warm.
We can get this ready the night before we want to serve it. Keep it covered in the refrigerator until ready to bake and serve. Remember that it may require a few extra minutes in the oven when it is chilled first.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Nothing is more welcoming than a big pot of soup at the end of a long day, and with our recipe for Potato Corn Soup you can whip up a bowl of comfort anytime you want. It takes just about 30 minutes to get this soup on your dinner table, which makes it weeknight-friendly, too!