Kickin' Corn Bread
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
We've got a secret ingredient that makes our Kickin' Corn Bread second to none. And the best part is, a box mix helps this recipe come together in a flash!
What You'll Need
- 1/2 (15-ounce) can sweet potatoes, drained
- 1 egg
- 1/3 cup milk
- 1 chipotle chile pepper in adobo sauce (from a 7-ounce can)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 (8-1/2-ounce) package corn muffin mix
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 tablespoon honey
What to Do
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Coat an 8-inch cast iron skillet or 8-inch cake pan with cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, with an electric mixer, beat sweet potatoes, egg, milk, chipotle pepper, and salt until smooth. Stir in corn muffin mix just until moistened. Pour batter into skillet.
- Bake 20 to 22 minutes, or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- In a small bowl, mix butter and honey. Brush over top of bread and let cool 5 minutes. Cut into wedges and serve with remaining honey butter.
- If you like this recipe, check out some more great corn bread recipes!
Free recipes, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
The Ultimate Hero Burger is going to be your new favorite ground beef recipe, and we know it will be a hit this Memorial Day Weekend! This take on this classic burger recipe is our juciest and most flavorful yet. Friends and family will be crowding around the grill, clamoring for their burger patty!