Kickin' Corn Bread
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
We've got a secret ingredient that makes our Kickin' Corn Bread second to none. And the best part is, a box mix helps this recipe come together in a flash!
What You'll Need
- 1/2 (15-ounce) can sweet potatoes, drained
- 1 egg
- 1/3 cup milk
- 1 chipotle chile pepper in adobo sauce (from a 7-ounce can)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 (8-1/2-ounce) package corn muffin mix
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 tablespoon honey
What to Do
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Coat an 8-inch cast iron skillet or 8-inch cake pan with cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, with an electric mixer, beat sweet potatoes, egg, milk, chipotle pepper, and salt until smooth. Stir in corn muffin mix just until moistened. Pour batter into skillet.
- Bake 20 to 22 minutes, or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- In a small bowl, mix butter and honey. Brush over top of bread and let cool 5 minutes. Cut into wedges and serve with remaining honey butter.
- If you like this recipe, check out some more great corn bread recipes!
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
These are a real Southern specialty; if you've never had the chance to try them, you'd better get ready to eat more than one! These Tangy Pickled Eggs are an old-fashioned Southern recipe that is now easy to make at home! Just a few easy steps and simple ingredients and you'll be making Tangy Pickled Eggs in no time!