Simple Crusty Cornbread
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Wanna know our favorite part about a simple cornbread recipe? It's gotta be the crust. When it gets warm, moist, and golden, you know you've got a real winner on your hands. Our recipe for Simple Crusty Cornbread is unique in that it uses a skillet to help get that golden edge just the way we like it.
What You'll Need
- 1/4 cup butter
- 2 cups self-rising buttermilk white cornmeal mix
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 cups buttermilk
- 1 large egg
What to Do
- Preheat the oven to 450 degrees. Place butter in a 9-inch cast-iron skillet, and heat 5 minutes or until melted.
- Combine cornmeal mix and flour in a large bowl.
- Stir together buttermilk and egg. Add to dry ingredients; stir just until moistened. Pour over melted butter in skillet.
- Bake 20 minutes or until golden. Cut into wedges, and serve.
- Pouring the batter into melted butter in a hot cast-iron skillet jump-starts the nice and golden crust on this cornbread that lends down-home comfort to a bowl of soup or practically any dinner.
- Looking for more simple cornbread recipes? Check out our collection, Simple Cornbread Recipes!
Nutritional InformationShow More
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Calories 303
- Calories from Fat 113
- Total Fat 13g 19 %
- Saturated Fat 7.0g 35 %
- Trans Fat 0.3g 0 %
- Protein 7.6g 15 %
- Cholesterol 63mg 21 %
- Sodium 683mg 28 %
- Total Carbohydrates 41g 14 %
- Dietary Fiber 3.0g 12 %
- Sugars 4.1g 0 %
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
These are a real Southern specialty; if you've never had the chance to try them, you'd better get ready to eat more than one! These Tangy Pickled Eggs are an old-fashioned Southern recipe that is now easy to make at home! Just a few easy steps and simple ingredients and you'll be making Tangy Pickled Eggs in no time!