Simple Crusty Cornbread
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Wanna know our favorite part about a simple cornbread recipe? It's gotta be the crust. When it gets warm, moist, and golden, you know you've got a real winner on your hands. Our recipe for Simple Crusty Cornbread is unique in that it uses a skillet to help get that golden edge just the way we like it.
What You'll Need
- 1/4 cup butter
- 2 cups self-rising buttermilk white cornmeal mix
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 cups buttermilk
- 1 large egg
What to Do
- Preheat the oven to 450 degrees. Place butter in a 9-inch cast-iron skillet, and heat 5 minutes or until melted.
- Combine cornmeal mix and flour in a large bowl.
- Stir together buttermilk and egg. Add to dry ingredients; stir just until moistened. Pour over melted butter in skillet.
- Bake 20 minutes or until golden. Cut into wedges, and serve.
- Pouring the batter into melted butter in a hot cast-iron skillet jump-starts the nice and golden crust on this cornbread that lends down-home comfort to a bowl of soup or practically any dinner.
- Looking for more simple cornbread recipes? Check out our collection, Simple Cornbread Recipes!
Nutritional InformationShow More
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Calories 303
- Calories from Fat 113
- Total Fat 13g 19 %
- Saturated Fat 7.0g 35 %
- Trans Fat 0.3g 0 %
- Protein 7.6g 15 %
- Cholesterol 63mg 21 %
- Sodium 683mg 28 %
- Total Carbohydrates 41g 14 %
- Dietary Fiber 3.0g 12 %
- Sugars 4.1g 0 %
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.