We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
These Cheese Straws are a favorite 'cause they're easy to make and tasty as can be. They're just as great for snack time as they are for dipping into a bowl of soup or chili.
What You'll Need
- 2 cups shredded sharp Cheddar cheese
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter, softened
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
What to Do
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Coat rimmed baking sheets with cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, combine all ingredients. Using your hands, knead well until a soft dough forms.
- Roll dough out on a lightly floured surface to a 1/4-inch thickness. Cut into 1/2- x 3- inch strips; place on baking sheets.
- Bake 10 to 12 minutes, or until golden. Serve warm or allow to cool completely, then place in an airtight container until ready to serve.
Dipping these in a bowl of our Chili Beef Soup is our idea of fabulous!
Nutritional InformationShow More
Servings Per Recipe: 60
- Calories 40
- Calories from Fat 25
- Total Fat 2.8g 4 %
- Saturated Fat 1.8g 9 %
- Trans Fat 0.1g 0 %
- Protein 1.3g 3 %
- Cholesterol 8.0mg 3 %
- Sodium 47mg 2 %
- Total Carbohydrates 2.4g 1 %
- Dietary Fiber 0.1g 0 %
- Sugars 0.0g 0 %
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Chilled Stacked Salad is a colorful and easy make-ahead layered salad that is perfect for easy summer entertaining. It's among our favorite easy salad recipes for potluck parties. We know once you start stacking, you'll never want to stop!