We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
These Cheese Straws are a favorite 'cause they're easy to make and tasty as can be. They're just as great for snack time as they are for dipping into a bowl of soup or chili.
What You'll Need
- 2 cups shredded sharp Cheddar cheese
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter, softened
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
What to Do
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Coat rimmed baking sheets with cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, combine all ingredients. Using your hands, knead well until a soft dough forms.
- Roll dough out on a lightly floured surface to a 1/4-inch thickness. Cut into 1/2- x 3- inch strips; place on baking sheets.
- Bake 10 to 12 minutes, or until golden. Serve warm or allow to cool completely, then place in an airtight container until ready to serve.
Dipping these in a bowl of our Chili Beef Soup is our idea of fabulous!
Nutritional InformationShow More
Servings Per Recipe: 60
- Calories 40
- Calories from Fat 25
- Total Fat 2.8g 4 %
- Saturated Fat 1.8g 9 %
- Trans Fat 0.1g 0 %
- Protein 1.3g 3 %
- Cholesterol 8.0mg 3 %
- Sodium 47mg 2 %
- Total Carbohydrates 2.4g 1 %
- Dietary Fiber 0.1g 0 %
- Sugars 0.0g 0 %
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
You won't need a passport for our Tuscan Chicken One Pot. The heavenly aroma and succulent taste will make you feel like you're sitting at sidewalk bistro in Tuscany. It's the marinara sauce and white wine that really takes this easy chicken dinner recipe to the next level. And one pot recipes are known for their easy clean up, so it really will seem like a vacation in your very own home!