We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Bake up a cinn-sational treat with our recipe for Cinnamon Loaves. This cake-like bread recipe starts off with a box of cake mix, which makes it even easier to bake this cinnamon-flavored dessert bread whenever you get the cravings!
What You'll Need
- 1 (15-1/4-ounce) package yellow cake mix
- 4 eggs
- 3/4 cup vegetable oil
- 3/4 cup water
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons ground cinnamon
What to Do
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Coat 2 (8- x 4-inch) loaf pans with cooking spray and dust with flour.
- In a large bowl with an electric mixer, beat cake mix, eggs, oil, water, and vanilla 3 minutes. Pour half the batter evenly into loaf pans.
- In a small bowl, stir together sugar and cinnamon; sprinkle half the mixture evenly over batter in loaf pans. Distribute remaining batter evenly between loaf pans and sprinkle with remaining sugar mixture. Gently swirl with a knife.
- Bake 45 minutes, or until a wooden toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool in pans on wire racks.
- Follow these directions to make five mini gift loaves: Pour half the batter evenly into five greased and floured 3-1/4- x 5-3/4-inch disposable loaf pans. Sprinkle evenly with half of sugar mixture. Pour remaining batter into pans; sprinkle with remaining sugar mixture. Gently swirl with a knife. Bake at 350 degrees for 35 minutes, or until a wooden toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- These can be stored in the freezer.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
As the weather cools off and fall rolls in, we're often looking for new and comforting desserts for the season. Our Sweet Potato Cake takes your favorite everyday sweet potatoes and combines them with a few simple ingredients, before topping it with a homemade cream cheese frosting. What you get is a super moist, super cozy cake that the whole family will want a piece of.