We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Just imagine your favorite coffee, in brownie form. Black coffee gives these Mocha-Topped Brownies a delicious, bold flavor! It's a perfect sweet to serve at brunch.
What You'll Need
- 3 (1-ounce) squares unsweetened chocolate
- 1 stick butter
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 2/3 cup all-purpose flour
- Pinch of salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup chopped walnuts or other nuts (optional)
- 1 (16-ounce) container cream cheese frosting
- 2 teaspoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 tablespoon strong black coffee, cooled
What to Do
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Coat an 8-inch square baking dish with cooking spray.
- In a large microwave-safe bowl, microwave chocolate and butter 1 to 1-1/2 minutes, or until melted. Remove from heat and transfer to a large bowl. Beat in sugar and eggs. Stir in flour, salt, and vanilla until well blended. Stir in nuts, if desired. Pour batter into prepared baking dish.
- Bake 30 to 35 minutes, or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Let cool.
- In a medium bowl, combine remaining ingredients; mix until smooth, then frost brownies.
Nutritional InformationShow More
Servings Per Recipe: 9
- Calories 484
- Calories from Fat 225
- Total Fat 25g 39 %
- Saturated Fat 12g 61 %
- Trans Fat 0.4g 0 %
- Protein 3.8g 8 %
- Cholesterol 68mg 23 %
- Sodium 205mg 9 %
- Total Carbohydrates 66g 22 %
- Dietary Fiber 2.0g 8 %
- Sugars 54g 0 %