After-School Chocolate Cake
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
There's nothing like a nice, rich piece of chocolaty cake after a long day at school. When your kids come runnin' home you can keep 'em quiet with our After-School Chocolate Cake. That is, until the sugar kicks in!
What You'll Need
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup vegetable shortening
- 4 eggs
- 1 1/2 cups chocolate syrup
- 1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 (16-ounce) can vanilla frosting
What to Do
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Coat a Bundt pan with cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, cream sugar and shortening with an electric mixer on low speed. Gradually beat in the eggs, one at a time. Slowly mix in the chocolate syrup, flour, and baking powder.
- Pour into prepared Bundt pan and bake 40 to 45 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Let cool 10 minutes then invert onto serving platter. Cool completely.
- Microwave canned frosting without cover (making sure to first remove the entire foil seal) for 30 to 45 seconds, or until pourable. With a spoon, drizzle frosting over cake, allowing it to drip down the sides. Let set before serving.
Nutritional InformationShow More
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Calories 507
- Calories from Fat 179
- Total Fat 20g 31 %
- Saturated Fat 6.6g 33 %
- Trans Fat 0.0g 0 %
- Protein 5.2g 10 %
- Cholesterol 67mg 22 %
- Sodium 267mg 11 %
- Total Carbohydrates 77g 26 %
- Dietary Fiber 1.4g 6 %
- Sugars 54g 0 %
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
We're so crazy about carrots we like to use 'em in everything from soups to desserts. This recipe for Crazy Carrot Pancakes is a bit unexpected, but a lot welcomed, 'cause it's crazy easy, crazy good, and there's not a person who tries 'em who isn't crazy about 'em afterwards!