After-School Chocolate Cake
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
There's nothing like a nice, rich piece of chocolaty cake after a long day at school. When your kids come runnin' home you can keep 'em quiet with our After-School Chocolate Cake. That is, until the sugar kicks in!
What You'll Need
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup vegetable shortening
- 4 eggs
- 1 1/2 cups chocolate syrup
- 1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 (16-ounce) can vanilla frosting
What to Do
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Coat a Bundt pan with cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, cream sugar and shortening with an electric mixer on low speed. Gradually beat in the eggs, one at a time. Slowly mix in the chocolate syrup, flour, and baking powder.
- Pour into prepared Bundt pan and bake 40 to 45 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Let cool 10 minutes then invert onto serving platter. Cool completely.
- Microwave canned frosting without cover (making sure to first remove the entire foil seal) for 30 to 45 seconds, or until pourable. With a spoon, drizzle frosting over cake, allowing it to drip down the sides. Let set before serving.
Nutritional InformationShow More
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Calories 507
- Calories from Fat 179
- Total Fat 20g 31 %
- Saturated Fat 6.6g 33 %
- Trans Fat 0.0g 0 %
- Protein 5.2g 10 %
- Cholesterol 67mg 22 %
- Sodium 267mg 11 %
- Total Carbohydrates 77g 26 %
- Dietary Fiber 1.4g 6 %
- Sugars 54g 0 %
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
You'll be the star of the next get together when you bring this easy chili recipe along. You see, the combination of ground beef and Italian sausage makes for a hearty recipe that no one can resist. When they ask you what it's called just say, "That's My Tailgating Chili!" with a smile.