Refrigerator Cucumber Pickles
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
- 8 cups
- CHILL TIME
- 8 Hr
- COOK TIME
- 15 Min
They'll think you're "as cool as a cucumber" for serving up these homemade pickles. Our recipe for Refrigerator Cucumber Pickles is a great make-ahead, old-fashioned recipe that's easy, fresh, and tasty!
What You'll Need
- 3 cucumbers, thinly sliced
- 1 onion, thinly sliced
- 1 green bell pepper, coarsely chopped
- 3 cups sugar
- 1 1/2 cups white vinegar
- 3 tablespoons celery seed
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
What to Do
- In a 9- x 13-inch baking dish, combine the cucumbers, onion, and bell pepper; set aside.
- In a medium saucepan over medium-high heat, bring the remaining ingredients to a boil, stirring occasionally. Pour mixture over the vegetables and allow to cool completely.
- Cover and chill overnight before serving.
- For a little more color, feel free to use half a red bell pepper and half a green one.
- Have you tried our Southern Fried Pickles yet? If you haven't, we really recommend you do!
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Ready to change up your sides? Our Vegetable Couscous recipe is a Moroccan-favorite and it's so versatile, it'll never get old! Not only can you switch it up with your favorite veggies, but you can eat it hot, or cold! Now that's definitely a side dish to put on the menu!