Refrigerator Cucumber Pickles
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
- 8 cups
- CHILL TIME
- 8 Hr
- COOK TIME
- 15 Min
They'll think you're "as cool as a cucumber" for serving up these homemade pickles. Our recipe for Refrigerator Cucumber Pickles is a great make-ahead, old-fashioned recipe that's easy, fresh, and tasty!
What You'll Need
- 3 cucumbers, thinly sliced
- 1 onion, thinly sliced
- 1 green bell pepper, coarsely chopped
- 3 cups sugar
- 1 1/2 cups white vinegar
- 3 tablespoons celery seed
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
What to Do
- In a 9- x 13-inch baking dish, combine the cucumbers, onion, and bell pepper; set aside.
- In a medium saucepan over medium-high heat, bring the remaining ingredients to a boil, stirring occasionally. Pour mixture over the vegetables and allow to cool completely.
- Cover and chill overnight before serving.
- For a little more color, feel free to use half a red bell pepper and half a green one.
- Have you tried our Southern Fried Pickles yet? If you haven't, we really recommend you do!
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Our festive Sugar 'n' Spice Nuts are the perfect combo of salty and sweet for the holidays. Made with a variety of your favorite nuts, the sweetness of dried cranberries, and just enough cayenne to give it a good kick, this recipe is sure to disappear by the handful! And, not only is it a great snack when family visits during Christmas, but it's also the perfect goodie to send in the mail, for those who can't be with you this season.