All-American Strawberry Layer Cake
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
- CHILL TIME
- 2 Hr
- COOK TIME
- 35 Min
All-American Strawberry Layer Cake is the perfect dessert to serve to your "berry" best company. It's a light, fruity cream cake that's long on goodness and short on work.
What You'll Need
- 1 (18.25-ounce) package yellow cake mix, batter prepared according to package directions
- 3 pints fresh strawberries, hulled
- 2 cups (1 pint) heavy cream
- 1 tablespoon confectioners' sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
What to Do
- Bake cake batter according to package directions for two 9-inch round layers; let cool. Slice each cake layer in half horizontally, making 4 layers, and place 1 layer on a serving platter. Slice 2 pints of strawberries and set aside.
- In a large bowl, with an electric beater on high speed, beat the cream, sugar, and vanilla until stiff peaks form. Spread one-fourth of the whipped cream mixture over top of first cake layer. Top with one-third of the sliced strawberries. Repeat with remaining layers, topping final layer with remaining pint of whole strawberries, hulled-side down.
- Cover loosely and chill for at least 2 hours before serving.
You can bake the cake layers ahead of time and freeze them until needed. Just make sure to wrap each layer well.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Our Back-to-School Cookies make the perfect lunchbox treat or after-school snack. These easy-to-make cookies start out from a box of cake mix and get their extra-crunchiness from graham crackers and their chocolaty-sweetness from lots of chocolate chips. Kids of all ages will love them!