We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
This recipe for Buttercream Frosting is a must-have on all of your special-occasion cakes. From birthday cakes to holiday cakes, you'll get rave reviews from your family and friends once they get a taste of this fantastic cake frosting.
What You'll Need
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter, softened
- 4 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
What to Do
- In a medium-sized bowl, with an electric beater on medium speed, mix the butter until creamy. Add the remaining ingredients and blend until smooth. Use at room temperature. If not using immediately, cover and chill until ready to use.
- To make this a chocolate buttercream frosting slowly mix in a 1/2 cup of cocoa powder. Slowly increase the mixing speed as the cocoa becomes more incorporated. Plus, you can check out our cinnamon version here or our dark chocolate version here!
- Be sure to check out our helpful video on How to Make Frosting to see how easy it's done!
- Want even more frosting recipes? Check out our collection of Homemade Frosting Recipes: 14 Frosting Recipes for Cakes, Cupcakes, and More.
Free recipes, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
If you love chewy cookies and you love chocolate, you're in for a real treat! These Double Chocolate Chewies pack a chocolate punch nobody can resist! They're a bit chewy, really chocolatey, and a little crunchy, all at the same time. That's why they're one of Howard's all-time favorites! Pour a glass of ice cold milk, and get ready for a cookie experience like no other.