Chocolate Custard Cake
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
- CHILL TIME
- 7 Hr
- COOK TIME
- 55 Min
- READY IN
- 7 Hr 55 Min
Silky smooth and oh-so-chocolaty, this Chocolate Custard Cake will surprise you with its subtle sweetness and addictive taste. This made-from-scratch cake is just what your next get-together needs!
What You'll Need:
- 4 eggs, separated
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 6 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup cocoa powder
- 2 cups milk
- Confectioners' sugar for sprinkling
What To Do:
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F. Line an 8-inch square baking dish with parchment paper.
- In a medium bowl, beat egg whites until stiff; set aside. In a large bowl, beat egg yolks, granulated sugar, butter, and vanilla until creamy. Gradually add flour and cocoa and beat until thoroughly mixed. Add milk and mix well. Gently fold in egg whites until thoroughly blended. Pour batter into baking dish.
- Bake 55 to 60 minutes, or until toothpick inserted in center comes out dry. Let cool, then refrigerate at least 6 hours. Sprinkle with confectioners' sugar before serving.
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.