Chocolate Polka Dot Cake
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
If the name of the cake alone doesn't get 'em, then the sinfully rich chocolate taste will! And the whimsical polka dot pattern on our Chocolate Polka Dot Cake makes it a great cake to display on any dessert table!
What You'll Need:
- 1 (18.25-ounce) package devil's food cake mix
- 1 cup water
- 1/3 cup chocolate-flavored syrup
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 3 eggs
- 3/4 cup semisweet chocolate chips, divided
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter, softened
- 1/2 cup plus teaspoon vegetable shortening
- 4 cups confectioners' sugar
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
What To Do:
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F. Coat two 9-inch round cake pans with cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, beat cake mix, water, chocolate syrup, oil, and eggs until well combined. Stir in 1/2 cup chocolate chips then pour batter into pans.
- Bake 35 to 40 minutes, or until a wooden toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Allow to cool 10 minutes then invert onto wire racks to cool completely.
- In a medium bowl, beat butter, 1/2 cup vegetable shortening, confectioners' sugar, milk, and vanilla until light and fluffy. Frost the cake. In a small saucepan over low heat, melt remaining chocolate chips and vegetable shortening , stirring constantly. Allow to cool slightly, then dip the tip of a wooden spoon handle into the melted chocolate and make chocolate polka dots at intervals around the cake. Let chocolate harden then serve, or cover loosely until ready to serve.
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Don't be surprised if your next-door neighbors come knocking on the door after getting a whiff of your Slow Cooker Country Pot Roast. The smell of this tender beef roast cooking up in your slow cooker all day is enough to get everyone rushing to your dinner table!
- Peach Melba Dump Cake
- Ugly Cake
- Mary Todd Lincoln's Presidential Cake
- Black Forest "Quickie"
- Fruit Filled Coffee Cake
- Homemade Frosting Recipes: 18 Frosting Recipes for Cakes, Cupcakes, and More
- Apple Cinnamon Dump Cake
- Blueberries 'n' Cream Cake
- Neighborhood Blueberry Coffee Cake
- Country Lemon Coffee Cake