Poppy Seed Cake
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Poppy Seed Cake is the dessert for all occasions! Serve it as is, or dress it up with some lemon peel.
What You'll Need
- 1 (18.25-ounce) package yellow cake mix
- 3/4 cup sour cream
- 1/3 cup poppy seeds
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup (1/2 stick) butter, softened
- 1 1/2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
What to Do
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Coat a 10-inch Bundt pan with cooking spray.
- Prepare cake mix according to package directions, using only 1/2 the amount of water called for. Add sour cream and poppy seeds; mix well then pour into prepared pan.
- Bake 40 to 45 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Let cool in pan 10 minutes. Remove to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Meanwhile, in a medium bowl, beat cream cheese and butter until smooth. Add confectioners' sugar and lemon juice; beat until creamy.
- Frost cake once cool. Serve, or cover loosely and chill until ready to serve.
To give this a fancier look, sprinkle the frosted cake with some extra poppy seeds and lemon zest.
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.