Butter Pecan Cake
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
This showstopping cake is a Southern dessert favorite. Our made-from-scratch recipe for Butter Pecan Cake will have your whole gang thinking you went to a bakery, 'cause it tastes so good! Creamy, rich, and utterly irresistible, you bet they'll be begging you for another slice of this Butter Pecan Cake!
What You'll Need
- 1 (6-ounce) package white chocolate baking squares, chopped
- 1/2 cup boiling water
- 2 1/2 sticks butter, softened and divided
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 4 eggs, separated
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/4 cups chopped pecans
- 2 (16-ounce) containers cream cheese frosting
What to Do
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Coat two 9-inch round cake pans with cooking spray. In a medium bowl, combine white chocolate and boiling water; stir until smooth. Set aside to cool.
- In a large bowl, beat 2 sticks butter and sugar until creamy. Beat in egg yolks one at a time. Stir in white chocolate mixture and vanilla until thoroughly mixed. In a small bowl, combine buttermilk and baking soda. Slowly beat buttermilk mixture and flour into chocolate mixture, until well blended. In a medium bowl, beat egg whites until stiff peaks form; gently fold into batter.
- Pour batter into cake pans. Bake for 30-35 minutes, or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool in pans 10 minutes, then remove to wire racks to cool completely.
- Meanwhile, in a small skillet over medium heat, melt remaining butter; stir in pecans. Cook 6-8 minutes, or until toasted and lightly browned, stirring occasionally. Let cool.
- In a medium bowl, combine frosting and buttered nuts; mix well. Place one cake layer on a platter and spread with frosting. Place second cake layer on top, and frost sides and top of cake.
You can make this Butter Pecan Cake look even more special by garnishing with pecan halves.
Free recipes, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Here's an all-in-one skillet meal that your family is sure to love! Our All-in-One Sausage Dinner is made with your favorite Italian sausage, along with some veggies, and yummy egg noodles. Everything cooks together in a homemade sour cream sauce for extra-goodness. And it only takes about 30 minutes!