Pumpkin Nut Torte
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
At Thanksgiving, everyone looks forward to having a slice of good old pumpkin pie -- but here's another delicious way to enjoy our favorite holiday dessert flavors.
What You'll Need
- 1 (18.25-ounce) package spice cake mix, batter prepared according to package directions
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- 1 (15-ounce) can 100% pure pumpkin (not pie filling)
- 3/4 cup confectioners' sugar
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 (16-ounce) container frozen whipped topping, thawed
What to Do
- Add chopped walnuts to prepared batter and bake according to package directions for two 9-inch round cake pans. Allow to cool completely on wire racks.
- In a large bowl, combine pumpkin, confectioners' sugar, cinnamon, cloves, and nutmeg until thoroughly mixed. Add whipped topping and mix until well blended.
- Cut each cake layer in half horizontally, making a total of 4 cake layers. Place 1 cake layer on a platter and top with one quarter of the pumpkin mixture, spreading just to the edges, leaving the sides unfrosted. Repeat the layers of cake and pumpkin mixture 3 more times, ending with the pumpkin mixture.
- Cover loosely and chill for at least 3 hours before serving.
Top with additional chopped walnuts for that fancy finishing touch.
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
You'll be the star of the next get together when you bring this easy chili recipe along. You see, the combination of ground beef and Italian sausage makes for a hearty recipe that no one can resist. When they ask you what it's called just say, "That's My Tailgating Chili!" with a smile.