Pumpkin Nut Torte
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
At Thanksgiving, everyone looks forward to having a slice of good old pumpkin pie -- but here's another delicious way to enjoy our favorite holiday dessert flavors.
What You'll Need
- 1 (18.25-ounce) package spice cake mix, batter prepared according to package directions
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- 1 (15-ounce) can 100% pure pumpkin (not pie filling)
- 3/4 cup confectioners' sugar
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 (16-ounce) container frozen whipped topping, thawed
What to Do
- Add chopped walnuts to prepared batter and bake according to package directions for two 9-inch round cake pans. Allow to cool completely on wire racks.
- In a large bowl, combine pumpkin, confectioners' sugar, cinnamon, cloves, and nutmeg until thoroughly mixed. Add whipped topping and mix until well blended.
- Cut each cake layer in half horizontally, making a total of 4 cake layers. Place 1 cake layer on a platter and top with one quarter of the pumpkin mixture, spreading just to the edges, leaving the sides unfrosted. Repeat the layers of cake and pumpkin mixture 3 more times, ending with the pumpkin mixture.
- Cover loosely and chill for at least 3 hours before serving.
Top with additional chopped walnuts for that fancy finishing touch.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Here's a light and fluffy quick bread that's perfect for the holiday season. Our Razzle-Dazzle Raspberry Bread is studded with lots of sweet red raspberries. This bread is pretty enough and tasty enough to give as a homemade gift, but easy enough to make anytime you're craving a "razzle-dazzling" treat.