Summer Berry Cake
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Summer Berry Cake boasts a moist yellow cake smothered in a flavor-packed All-American red, white and blue whipped cream and berry-licious topping.
What You'll Need
- 1 (18.25-ounce) package butter recipe yellow cake mix
- 2/3 cup buttermilk
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter, softened
- 3 large eggs
- 1/2 cup strawberry preserves, divided
- 1 1/2 cups heavy cream
- 1/4 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1/2 quart fresh strawberries, washed, hulled, and sliced in half
- 1/2 pint fresh blueberries, washed
What to Do
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Coat a 9- x 13-inch baking dish with cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, beat cake mix, buttermilk, butter, and eggs with an electric mixer until smooth. Pour into prepared baking dish.
- Bake 30 to 35 minutes, or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Let cool.
- Brush 1/4 cup strawberry preserves on top of cake.
- In a medium bowl, beat heavy cream, confectioners' sugar, and remaining strawberry preserves with an electric mixer until stiff peaks form. Spread mixture over cake and top with strawberries and blueberries. Refrigerate until ready to serve.
Free recipes, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
This recipe was inspired by Elvis, who had a love for all things peanut butter, bananas, and bacon! We may not be able to perform rock 'n' roll like our good friend, Terry Buchwald, but our Peanut Butter Banana French Toast Bake is our way of paying tribute to the King.