Pirates' Cove Cake
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
In adventure stories, the traditional drink of pirates is rum, so we made this special chocolate rum cake and named it for them. And you'd better watch out, matey, 'cause you might have to walk the plank if you don't make our Pirates' Cove Cake often enough for your crew!
What You'll Need
- 1 (15-1/4-ounce) box chocolate cake mix
- 1 (4-serving size) package instant chocolate pudding mix
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 4 eggs
- 1/2 cup light rum
- 1/2 cup strong black coffee
- 2 cups (12 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- Rum Glaze (see Note)
What to Do
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Coat a 10-inch Bundt pan with cooking spray and dust with flour.
- In a large bowl with an electric mixer, beat cake mix, pudding mix, sour cream, oil, and eggs until thoroughly blended. Beat in rum and coffee; with a spoon, stir in chocolate chips. Pour batter into Bundt pan.
- Bake 50 to 55 minutes, or until a wooden toothpick comes out clean. Let cool 20 to 25 minutes, then invert cake onto a serving plate. Prepare Rum Glaze and drizzle it over cake.
- To make Rum Glaze, in a small bowl, whisk together 3/4 cup confectioners' sugar, 1 tablespoon light rum, and 1 tablespoon water until smooth. Drizzle over cool or room-temperature cake or cookies. (You can replace the rum with a tablespoon of water for a traditional white glaze.)
- Serve this with our refreshing Tropical Froth for a more complete island feel!
- Don't forget to enter for your chance to win a $50 gift card to the movies!
Nutritional InformationShow More
Servings Per Recipe: 10
- Calories 703
- Calories from Fat 307
- Total Fat 34g 52 %
- Saturated Fat 15g 77 %
- Trans Fat 0.0g 0 %
- Protein 5.6g 11 %
- Cholesterol 82mg 27 %
- Sodium 566mg 24 %
- Total Carbohydrates 94g 31 %
- Dietary Fiber 1.6g 6 %
- Sugars 64g 0 %
Free recipes, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Are you looking for the perfect side dish to pair with your favorite pot roast or German sausages? Try our Old-Fashioned German Stuffing! This hot and hearty stuffing is loaded with fresh sauerkraut, crumbled bacon, and rye bread, so you know it's got an authentic taste!