Cookie Cutter Cakes
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
What You'll Need
- 1 (16-ounce) pound cake
- 2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 4 tablespoons milk
- Food color
- Jelly beans or other candies, for decorating
What to Do
- Trim the dark crust from the top of the cake. Cut the cake in half horizontally.
- Using 3 1/2-inch cookie cutters, cut 3 cookie cutter cakes from each half of pound cake. Place the cakes on a wire rack over a large bowl, set aside.
- In another large bowl, combine the confectioners' sugar and milk; stir until a smooth icing forms. Add food color to make the desired color or place the icing in several bowls and color each one as desired.
- Spoon the icing over the cakes, allowing excess to drip into the bowl. Decorate with jelly beans or other candies. Allow the icing to set until ready to serve.