We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
In Italian, biscotti refers to a twice-baked biscuit. And when you taste these, you'll know it must also mean twice as bene (good)!
What You'll Need
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup baking cocoa
- 2 cups sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 5 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup whole almonds
What to Do
- Preheat oven to 350 degree F. Coat a 10" x 15" rimmed baking sheet with cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, combine all ingredients except almonds; mix well with a spoon. Stir in almonds until well blended; dough will be thick and sticky. Pour half the dough onto prepared baking sheet, forming a slightly rounded 4" x 12" loaf that is about 3/4 inch thick. Repeat with remaining batter and bake 30 minutes.
- Remove from oven and reduce temperature to 325 degree F. Allow loaves to cool 20 to 25 minutes then cut into 1/2-inch slices. Lay slices cut-side down on baking sheet and bake 15 more minutes. Turn cookies over and bake 15 more minutes. Allow to cool then store in an airtight container.
Makes about 4 dozen cookies.
The biscotti should be very hard and crunchy. That's why they're perfect for dunking in coffee, tea, hot chocolate, cappuccino, espresso and cold milk.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Fire up the grill! This is one of our juiciest grilled pork chop recipes ever. What makes these Honey Mustard Grilled Pork Chops so good is the sweet 'n' tangy glaze that caramelizes as it cooks. You'll be smackin' your lips with each bite!