Long Stemmed Chocolate Chip Flower Cookies
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
What better way to say "I love you" than with a long-stemmed chocolate chip cookie?
What You'll Need
- 1/2 cup vegetable shortening
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- 20 wooden skewers or popsicle sticks, 6 to 8 inches long
- 1 cup (1 6-ounce package) semisweet chocolate chips
What to Do
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Coat cookie sheets with cooking spray.
- In a medium-sized bowl, cream shortening, sugars, egg, and vanilla until light.
- In another medium-sized bowl, combine flour, salt, and baking soda. Add to shortening mixture and blend well. Add chocolate chips and nuts and stir until well mixed.
- Lay skewers on prepared cookie sheets (7 or 8 per sheet). Spoon 1 tablespoon of dough onto end of each skewer, covering top 2 inches of each skewer.
- Bake 10 to 12 minutes or until golden. Let cool 3 or 4 minutes and use a spatula to carefully remove stemmed cookies to a wire rack to cool completely.
Wrap a dozen long-stemmed chocolate chip cookies in waxed paper, plastic wrap, or tissue paper and tie with a ribbon to resemble a dozen long-stemmed roses...wink, wink.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
When you get a craving for fresh baked cookies, you have to do what you have to do. Luckily, here in the Test Kitchen, we can make cookies any time we want. Our go-to are these Oatmeal Cranberry cookies. Can you blame us? These sweet oats and tart cranberries are always a treat when washed down with ice cold milk. We wish you could smell the scent of cinnamon in the Test Kitchen, but making them in your home is just as tasty.