Long Stemmed Chocolate Chip Flower Cookies
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
What better way to say "I love you" than with a long-stemmed chocolate chip cookie?
What You'll Need
- 1/2 cup vegetable shortening
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- 20 wooden skewers or popsicle sticks, 6 to 8 inches long
- 1 cup (1 6-ounce package) semisweet chocolate chips
What to Do
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Coat cookie sheets with cooking spray.
- In a medium-sized bowl, cream shortening, sugars, egg, and vanilla until light.
- In another medium-sized bowl, combine flour, salt, and baking soda. Add to shortening mixture and blend well. Add chocolate chips and nuts and stir until well mixed.
- Lay skewers on prepared cookie sheets (7 or 8 per sheet). Spoon 1 tablespoon of dough onto end of each skewer, covering top 2 inches of each skewer.
- Bake 10 to 12 minutes or until golden. Let cool 3 or 4 minutes and use a spatula to carefully remove stemmed cookies to a wire rack to cool completely.
Wrap a dozen long-stemmed chocolate chip cookies in waxed paper, plastic wrap, or tissue paper and tie with a ribbon to resemble a dozen long-stemmed roses...wink, wink.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
If you've never heard of toad-in-the-hole, well, let us enlighten you! It's a recipe that is perfect for breakfast, dinner, or even brinner -- that's breakfast for dinner! Our Sheet Pan Toad-in-the-Hole comes together with all the flavors you love, without any of the mess of a traditional big breakfast. Once you try it, you're gonna wonder how you lived without it!