Shortbread Tea Cookies
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
- 36 (about 3 dozen cookies)
- CHILL TIME
- 30 Min
- COOK TIME
- 15 Min
Impress your friends next time you have them over for tea with these delicious and easy Shortbread Tea Cookies. You can use whichever kind of tea you prefer, making these treats completely unique to your taste!
What You'll Need
- 1 cup (2 sticks) butter, softened
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon tea (from 3 tea bags)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
What to Do
- In a large bowl, cream butter, sugar, and vanilla with an electric mixer. Add flour, tea, and salt; beat until a dough is formed. (You may need to work the dough with your hands until it comes together.)
- Place dough on a sheet of plastic wrap and roll into a log about 2 inches in diameter. Chill in refrigerator 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Slice dough into 1/3-inch circles and place on baking sheets.
- Bake 12 to 14 minutes, or until edges are browned. Let cool 5 minutes, then remove to wire racks to cool completely.
- In a microwaveable bowl, melt chocolate in microwave 1 to 1-1/2 minutes or until chocolate is smooth, stirring occasionally. Dip cooled cookies halfway into chocolate and place on wax paper-lined tray. Let sit until chocolate hardens.
- To make your cookies in a "tea bag" shape, just roll out dough to 1/4-inch and, using a knife, cut out into shape seen in photo.
- If you are going to add a string to your tea bag cookies, we recommened making a hole in the cookie before baking them. Use either a straw or the tip of a knife to form the hole.
- Maybe it seems obvious, but a hot cup of our Citrus Tea would be a great accompaniment to these delicious cookies!
Nutritional InformationShow More
Servings Per Recipe: 36
- Calories 110
- Calories from Fat 58
- Total Fat 6.4g 10 %
- Saturated Fat 4.0g 20 %
- Trans Fat 0.2g 0 %
- Protein 1.0g 2 %
- Cholesterol 14mg 5 %
- Sodium 81mg 3 %
- Total Carbohydrates 12g 4 %
- Dietary Fiber 0.3g 1 %
- Sugars 6.6g 0 %
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
We're taking you back to your cafeteria eatin' days with our recipe for Sloppy Joe Biscuit Bake. This easy casserole has so much old-fashioned taste, you're gonna be using the biscuits to soak up every last meaty and flavorful bite. Yum!