The Originators of Quick & Easy Cooking!
Watermelon: Enjoy It All Year Long - 30 Easy Watermelon Recipes from Mr. Food Free eCookbook
Apples in Syrup
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Click here to view your Recipe Box.
- 4 to 8
- COOK TIME
- 30 Min
Looking for a way to use up those browning apples you were planning to throw away? Waste food no more by making Apples in Syrup! Keep 'em peeled, or peel the skin - however you like 'em, this dish puts your healthy apples to use!
What You'll Need
- 6 to 8 red cooking apples, peeled or unpeeled (as desired)
- 4 tablespoons (1/2 stick) butter or margarine
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup apple juice or cider
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
What to Do
- Core the apples and cut them into thin wedges.
- In a large skillet, heat butter over low heat. Add apples, sugar, apple juice and cinnamon. Cover; simmer for 15 to 20 minutes.
- Uncover, stir and cook over low heat for 5 to 10 minutes more or until apples are glazed.
Cooking time may vary slightly depending on the type of apple used.
Serve with whipped cream or whipped topping if desired. Have fun with it!