Watermelon: Enjoy It All Year Long - 30 Easy Watermelon Recipes from Mr. Food Free eCookbook
Blueberries 'n' Dumplings
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
- 5 Min
- COOK TIME
- 3 Hr 15 Min
- READY IN
- 3 Hr 20 Min
Enjoy Blueberries 'n' Dumplings all year 'round with this sensational slow cooker recipe. Frozen blueberries are always in season, and the biscuits cook right on top for a bubbling, berry-licious treat that's sure to satisfy any sweet tooth.
What You'll Need:
- 1 1/4 cups plus 2 tablespoons sugar, divided
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons grated lemon rind
- 2 (16-ounce) packages frozen blueberries
- 1 1/2 cups biscuit mix
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 (8-ounce) container sour cream
What To Do:
- In a 3-quart saucepan, stir together 1-1/4 cups sugar, flour and lemon rind until blended.
- Stir in blueberries. Cook, stirring constantly, over medium heat until sugar dissolves. Increase heat to medium-high, and bring mixture to a boil, stirring often. Cook about 5 minutes or until thickened, stirring often.
- Meanwhile, combine biscuit mix and remaining 2 tablespoons sugar in a medium bowl. Cut in butter with a pastry blender or 2 forks until crumbly; add sour cream, stirring until dry ingredients are moistened and a soft dough forms.
- Pour hot blueberry filling into a 5-quart round slow cooker. Carefully drop dough in 6 large spoonfuls on top of filling.
- Cover and cook on LOW setting 3 hours, or until dumplings are golden (see Note).
Remove slow-cooker lid carefully to prevent condensation from dripping onto dumplings and making them soggy. Remember that some slow cookers have hot spots. To ensure that the dumplings become an even golden color, without removing the lid, rotate the insert a half turn about halfway through cooking.
- If you enjoyed this fruity dumpling recipe, be sure to check out our Apple Dumplings: Our Best Apple Dumpling Recipe.
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Our Cobb Macaroni Salad is a cross between a creamy macaroni salad and a fill-ya-up Cobb salad. Not only is this macaroni salad recipe easy to follow, but it's sure to be one of the top deli salads at your next summertime cookout, backyard bash, or family get-together. We especially love that this one is hearty enough to be a meal in itself!
- Watermelon Pie
- Fuzzy Navel Party Mold
- Pickled Watermelon Rind
- Can't-Miss Peach Recipes: 20 Easy Recipes with Peaches
- Star Cake
- Picture Perfect Berries and Cream
- Watermelon: Enjoy It All Year Long - 30 Easy Watermelon Recipes from Mr. Food Free eCookbook
- Pasta Fruit Salad
- 50 Easy Apple Recipes
- Fruit Pockets