Watermelon: Enjoy It All Year Long - 30 Easy Watermelon Recipes from Mr. Food Free eCookbook
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
As the summer comes to an end and the air in the North begins to get that crisp chill, that means APPLE SEASON! So what better way to make the season last than to make fresh applesauce?!
What You'll Need
- 8 Granny Smith or other tart fresh apples
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 3/4 cup water
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg (optional)
- Dash ground cinnamon (optional)
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon peel (optional)
What to Do
- Peel and core the apples; cut into thin slices and place in a large pot. Add the sugar and water.
- Bring to a boil then mix in the spices, if desired; reduce the heat to a simmer, cover, and cook for 50 to 60 minutes, stirring occasionally.
Cooking time can vary, depending on the texture you like... for chunky applesauce, cook it less; for smooth applesauce, cook it more. And if your apples aren't really juicy, you may need to add a bit more water during the simmering to prevent scorching.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
The Ultimate Hero Burger is going to be your new favorite ground beef recipe, and we know it will be a hit this Memorial Day Weekend! This take on this classic burger recipe is our juciest and most flavorful yet. Friends and family will be crowding around the grill, clamoring for their burger patty!