Watermelon: Enjoy It All Year Long - 30 Easy Watermelon Recipes from Mr. Food Free eCookbook
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Warm and wonderful! What a perfect way to enjoy the fruity taste of summer...anytime!
What You'll Need
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 large package (17.3 ounces) refrigerated buttermilk biscuits (8 biscuits)
- 2 (20-ounce) containers peach pie filling, drained (see Note)
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter, melted
What to Do
- Preheat the oven to 350 degree F. Coat two large rimmed baking sheets with 2 tablespoons of butter each, set aside.
- Flour a work surface and rolling pin. Flatten each biscuit into a 6-inch circle.
- In a medium-sized bowl, combine the pie filling and cinnamon; mix well. Divide the filling equally among the dough circles, forming a semi-circle of filling on half of each dough and leaving a 1/2-inch border around each edge. Fold the dough over the filling, forming half-moons. With your fingers or a fork, pinch the edges together firmly to seal.
- Place the pies on the baking sheets. Brush the remaining butter evenly over the tops of the pies.
- Bake for 15 minutes, then turn the pies over and bake for 5 to 7 more minutes, or until golden. Serve warm, or let cool before serving.
Any flavor pie filling can be used, but besides peach my other favorites are apple and blueberry.