Watermelon: Enjoy It All Year Long - 30 Easy Watermelon Recipes from Mr. Food Free eCookbook
Golden Fried Plantains
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
How can something so good be so easy? See for yourself. And you'd better make a lot of these, 'cause they disappear as soon as they're ready.
What You'll Need
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter
- 4 very ripe plantains (see Note), peeled and cut into 1/4-inch diagonal slices
What to Do
- In a large skillet, heat 2 tablespoons butter over medium heat. Place plantain slices in a single layer in the skillet and fry for 6 to 8 minutes, or until golden brown, turning halfway through the cooking.
- Remove from the skillet and drain on paper towels. Repeat with the remaining plantains, adding butter as needed. Serve immediately.
Plantains are sold in varying stages of ripeness - anywhere from green to black. To ripen them, store in a warm, dark place until ready. The skin should be completely black before using them in this recipe.
- Grilled Spicy Watermelon
- 50+ Easy Apple Recipes: What to Make With Apples
- Benedict Watermelon
- 22 Easy Peach Recipes You Can't Miss!
- Asian Watermelon Skewers
- Watermelon Swimming Pool
- Caramel-Dipped Chocolate Apples
- Blueberries 'n' Dumplings
- Berry Delicious Summer Salad
- Microwave Stuffed "Baked" Apples