Watermelon: Enjoy It All Year Long - 30 Easy Watermelon Recipes from Mr. Food Free eCookbook
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
With peaches grown in such abundance in the South, it's no wonder this refreshing side dish is the perfect go-along for chicken or pork.
What You'll Need
- 1 (29-ounce) can peach halves, drained, syrup reserved
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 cup white vinegar
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup red-hot cinnamon candies
- 6 whole cloves
What to Do
- In a large saucepan, bring the reserved peach syrup, the water, vinegar, sugar, cinnamon candies, and cloves to a boil over medium-high heat.
- Allow to boil for 3 minutes, then add the peaches and return to a boil. Reduce the heat to low and simmer for 4 to 5 minutes, or until the edges of the peaches turn red. Remove from the heat and allow to cool completely.
- Store in an airtight container and chill for at least 4 hours before serving.
Makes about 4 cups.
This one's perfect as a side dish with practically any meal, or as part of a sweet relish tray.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Everyone will love our fancy-sounding but easy-to-make Broccoli and Ham Quiche, whether you serve it for breakfast, lunch or dinner. And since you can combine the ingredients in advance and store them in a plastic storage bag in the freezer until you're ready to thaw and bake it off, it makes an extra easy Easter meal!