We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
With peaches grown in such abundance in the South, it's no wonder this refreshing side dish is the perfect go-along for chicken or pork.
What You'll Need
- 1 (29-ounce) can peach halves, drained, syrup reserved
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 cup white vinegar
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup red-hot cinnamon candies
- 6 whole cloves
What to Do
- In a large saucepan, bring the reserved peach syrup, the water, vinegar, sugar, cinnamon candies, and cloves to a boil over medium-high heat.
- Allow to boil for 3 minutes, then add the peaches and return to a boil. Reduce the heat to low and simmer for 4 to 5 minutes, or until the edges of the peaches turn red. Remove from the heat and allow to cool completely.
- Store in an airtight container and chill for at least 4 hours before serving.
Makes about 4 cups.
This one's perfect as a side dish with practically any meal, or as part of a sweet relish tray.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
When you get a craving for fresh baked cookies, you have to do what you have to do. Luckily, here in the Test Kitchen, we can make cookies any time we want. Our go-to are these Oatmeal Cranberry cookies. Can you blame us? These sweet oats and tart cranberries are always a treat when washed down with ice cold milk. We wish you could smell the scent of cinnamon in the Test Kitchen, but making them in your home is just as tasty.